Who moves to China?

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

ugh

well, i feel like a big fucking idiot. sorry for the swearing, mom and dad, but i think it really serves to show emphasis. and you already know about this anyway.

i know better than this. i'm an experienced traveler. and yet...

as shannon and i were on our way to the dvd store after school today, i looked down at my purse to see that the zipper was now wide open and my wallet was gone. i'd had about $75 in cash, my debit card, credit card, teacher identification card, drivers license, u of m id card, lunch card, insurance card, not to mention some business cards, blockbuster card, library card, etc. the only important ones were my debit and credit cards, which i promptly called to cancel. i know it could be worse, i could be here on vacation and have that happen or have had my passport stolen or my camera or gotten hurt. but it's such a fucking hassle. i have to get a loan from the school until i get paid at the end of the month. i'm going to have to get a new drivers license AGAIN when i come back to the states. i had other little things in my wallet that i kept to remind me of people at home or as little tokens for good luck. those obviously didn't get me very far...but i'm just so disappointed in myself for letting this happen.

in other news, shannon and i definitely are going to Xian in 2 weeks. we're leaving october 3 and coming back october 7, and the trip is costing us about $480 each. That includes airfare, a 4 star hotel for 4 nights, daily breakfast, and a tour on one of the days. I'm definitely looking forward to getting the hell out of Shanghai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home